Learning the foundations of coaching
Who is this programme for?
Our Core Coaching Skills programme runs over 4 days, providing core skills and competencies that can be applied in a coaching relationship. It is designed for anyone who wants to use a coaching approach in their daily role.
How is the programme accredited?
The programme is accredited with the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) and completion of the programme leads to the European Quality Award (EQA) at Foundation level. Participants wishing to study further can use the award as a fast track towards achieving their European Individual Accreditation (EIA) at Foundation level, subject to meeting the additional criteria required.
What do participants learn?
The programme will introduce you to the background and the key fields that have influenced the growth and practice of coaching today.
On completion of this programme you will have:
- Developed core coach competencies
- Understood key coaching skills and models and be able to apply these in a coaching relationship
- Defined coaching and understood the range of coaching styles
- Understood the boundaries of a coaching relationship and how to contract effectively
- Learned to self-reflect and appraise coaching capabilities to identify areas for personal development in coaching, and plan for new learning
The programme will cover:
- Fundamental pillars of great conversations and how to effectively structure and facilitate a conversation with a coachee
- Generative listening and insightful questioning
- Coaching styles
- Boundaries and developing an effective coaching relationship with your coachees
- Creative techniques and approaches for generating awareness
- Options for maximising impact in a coaching session
- Introducing challenge to create shifts in thinking
- Contracting during the coaching relationship
- Reflective practice and accreditation requirements for those who wish to become accredited