Our practitioner level programme further develops foundation level health coaches, for a more in depth approach to health coaching.
Who is this programme for?
Our 8 day Practitioner Level in Health Coaching programmes are designed for individuals who want to become “professional health coaches”, and organisations that want to develop dedicated roles in health coaching, or a specialised health coaching service with coaches that can function at a high level of skill. It is suitable for practitioners from all health, care, community and voluntary sectors.
What do participants learn?
The programme builds on the content described in our 4 day Accredited Skills in Health Coaching programme, and extends participants’ knowledge and understanding of coaching through addition of the following content:
- Coaching to develop insights
- Positive psychology and coaching
- Coaching for wellbeing
- Coaching for resilience
- Coaching for recovery
- Coaching for behaviour change
- Transformational coaching
- Coaching through complexity and loss
Participants will develop advanced skills practice in health coaching models, conversation frames and techniques with constructive feedback from expert practitioners. There will also be an advanced practical skills assessment and reflection process
What will the programme experience include?
The programme is generally structured over a series of 2 day workshops, delivered over a period of 6-8 months to allow participants to practice their developing skills.
This is a highly interactive programme with an emphasis on skill practice and development. The programme will be delivered using a highly participative and experiential learning process supported by expert input. The following elements are included in the programme experience:
- Skills based experiential workshops
- Pre-programme calls & webinars
- Post-programme calls & webinars
- Sessions spaced over time to allow for skill integration and development
- Processes supporting skills practice & reflection
- Buddy pairs to encourage practice & share learning
- Practice Coaching sessions developing
- Professional supervision between workshops
- Access to MyQuest (virtual learning management system)
- Coaching resource library
- Individual support as required
- Portfolio support
- Support for the accreditation process to the EMCC Practitioner Level
How is this programme accredited?
- Is accredited by the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) at the Practitioner Level. To receive this EQA award, participants are required to pass a skills assessment, demonstrate evidence of practice and undertake reflection about practice. With additional practice hours, participants can then apply for an individual accreditation (EIA) with the EMCC.
- Incorporates all the content, material and accreditations associated with our 4 day Accredited Skills in Health Coaching programmes
Find out more about TPC Health
We recognise that every individual is unique. Talk to us to find out more about how we can advise you on the most suitable option for learning to be a health coach.